- Cavan Town
- Cavan - North
- Cavan - South
- Cavan - West
- Cavan - East
- Monaghan Town
- Monaghan - Clones
- Monaghan - Ballybay
- Monaghan - Castleblayney
- Monaghan - Carrickmacross
The Aim of Scouting Ireland is to encourage the social, physical, intellectual, character, emotional and spiritual development of young people so that they may achieve their full potential and, as responsible citizens, to improve society.
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
Services provided in local scout or meeting hall.
- Charge applies for all services
Each Group would have determined their own fee for membership.
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Under-18s need parental permission
- Early years (0-6 years)
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)
- Other (please specify)
Membership starts at 6+ years old.
Getting youngsters involved in outdoor adventures and challenges helps them to achieve these aims and have fun. While enjoying themselves outdoors they will make strong friendships, volunteer in their community, learn adventure skills, travel, become leaders and team-members, and appreciate the importance of our outdoor environment.
There are a number of Scout Groups throughout the counties of Cavan and Monaghan. You can find out where they are based, along with more information about Scouting in general at www.scouts.ie