- Cavan Town
- Cavan - North
- Cavan - South
- Cavan - West
- Cavan - East
- Monaghan Town
- Monaghan - Clones
- Monaghan - Ballybay
- Monaghan - Castleblayney
- Monaghan - Carrickmacross
Youth Clubs in Cavan & Monaghan towns, with one to one, parental & peer support available across the two counties.
- Service provided at above address
- Service provided at various locations throughout the area covered
Youth clubs in Cavan & Monaghan town. the service is based at FOCUS Family Resource Centre, Killashandra, but the Youth Development Officer will travel to support the young person anywhere across the two counties.
- People can self-refer / access the service directly (without the need for a referral)
- Parents / guardians can refer
- Through schools
- Through Tusla Child and Family Social Workers
- Through other Tusla services (e.g. Education Welfare Service)
- Through HSE services (e.g. Psychology, Speech & Language, Public Health Nurses, HSE Social Work / other HSE health professionals)
- Through other community / voluntary services (e.g. Family Resource Centre / youth organisation / Sligo Social Services, etc.)
Self referral is possible, through any of the contacts listed.
Other agencies can refer by contacting us at 087 219 3904, and a follow up email to email@example.com with any relevant information. While parental consent is preferable, the young persons safety and well-being is paramount and therefore parental consent is not required.
- No parental permission required
- Early years (0-6 years)
- Primary school age (4-12 years approx.)
- Post-primary school age (13-18 years approx.)
- Young adults (18-24 years)
- Adults (25-64 years)
- Adults (65+ years)
- Other (please specify)
While we are primarily a youth support service, we support families, schools & other agencies in providing support for young people throughout Cavan & Monaghan that identify as members of the LGBTI+ Community, or who may be questioning their sexuality and/or identity.
One to One, Family, and peer support and information. There are currently youth clubs running in Cavan & Monaghan towns, with parental support groups due to start in January/February 2020.
LGBTI+ Youth Support and Advocacy
Cavan & Monaghan Rainbow Youth is an LGBTI+ Youth Support service, providing:
- one to one support,
- parent and caregiver support
- sibling support
- peer support
- group support - through drop ins and youth cafés
We also provide support & training to Schools, Youth Services, Statutory bodies & government agencies around supporting LGBTI+ young people across the two counties